Saturday, December 7, 2013

Celebrating my week


I love this opportunity to celebrate my week with Ruth Ayres at her blog on Saturday morning. It's a great way to start my weekend. I'm going to share my celebrations day by day. 

Monday: 
Today the Nerdlution began! I wrote, read, and walked today. It felt great...like I accomplished something. These were things I'd wanted to re-focus on for awhile and nerdlution gave me the excuse. 


Tuesday: 

My day started off in a different way. I spent half of my day in a different school coaching other English teachers. Getting an opportunity to talk about teaching and books and writing and best practices is a valuable opportunity. I feel like I learn as much from them as I hope they are learning from me. I always feel energized after spending this time together. While I was there, I got a tweet from another teacher I coach...so sweet!

Wednesday: 
Happy to have me home and took good care of me. 

Today I took care of myself. Started the day feeling terrible and forced myself to go to work...bad idea. I asked for help and help was given. I came home and slept! The best part was my students. They made terrific choices when I was gone and had a great day! I celebrate them today

Thursday: 

Impromptu dinner with my friend, Heather. We enjoyed our favorite indulgence, Dairy Queen. I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm addicted to the Candy Cane Blizzard. The LIVE television version of The Sound of Music. The Sound of Music is my favorite movie. This summer I attended an outdoor viewing where the audience sang along! I enjoyed the adaptation and admired the work that went into a live version.

Friday: 
One of my best friends texted me this picture with two simple words: I'm engaged!! What's better than watching someone realize their dreams?!? I'm overjoyed for her and her fianceé! Oh, and I'm also celebrating my peppermint hot cocoa with peppermint marshmallows...

I'm grateful for the opportunity to reflect on my week. I have so many other things to celebrate and had I not stopped and reflected, I'd have forgotten. Thank you to Ruth for this opportunity! Thank you to everyone who reads this today. Have a great weekend!

15 comments:

  1. So many things to celebrate when you look at life through the Celebrate lens! I must admit that Blizzard looks fabulous...and seems to be calling......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad our DQ closes at the end of October/early November. No candy cane blizzards during the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm noticing a peppermint theme here. All I can say is Yum! Special moments that could slip by but now they are noted forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have a problem...I'm addicted to peppermint. Lol! :)

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a really good week!Wondering if my DQ has Candy Cane Blizzards! Must investigate! Soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's funny is it didn't occur to me that it was a really good week, until I started reflecting on it! And I highly recommend investigating the Candy Cane Blizzards..mmmm!

      Delete
  5. Great celebrations this week. I didn't know they made peppermint marshmallows! I read a book yesterday and thought of you the whole time. It is called Almost Home by Joan Bauer. The main character and her mother write thank you notes to everyone telling them how much and why they appreciate them...just like you. I think you would love the book if you haven't already read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leigh Anne, The peppermint marshmallows are delicious! I am so excited to read that book. I've heard of it, but I haven't read it yet. Thank you for sharing the recommendation. I'll let you know what I think. :)

      Delete
  6. So many great things to celebrate - wish I could reach into the screen and grab that hot chocolate, though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way you wrote about something each day. You seem to have quite the peppermint sweet tooth. I have to say, that Blizzard treat does sound quite tasty. The Sound of Music is such a great movie. I forgot about that live version. It must have been quite a production.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peppermint is a weakness of mine. Thanks for your kind words!

      Delete
  8. I see a common theme of peppermint here. I'm always so excited when peppermint ice cream shows up in the stores this time of year. Like you, I'm finding that this time to reflect on the little celebrations throughout the week is having a wonderful effect on me. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts. I love comments!