Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Day 10 of #Nerdlution...What Does it Really Mean?

Ten days into #Nerdlution. I find myself changing habits, making new and different choices. It feels good...ok, mostly good. More changes than not, but not everything has changed. My daily practice of reading and writing has increased! I've been writing morning pages a lot more and blogging more. I've finished two books since #Nerdlution began and find myself reading instead of watching television. Those two goals...I consider: SUCCESS! Oh, then there's the third one...the one that I was scared of making because I didn't think I'd do it. I was convinced I'd fail. And so far, I have. FAILED! A lot! Twice. I've moved...walked..twice in ten days. I can rationalize and convince myself that shoveling and walking up & down stairs helps...but in my mind...I still think FAIL! My #Nerdlution friends have been kinder than I feel I deserve.




This morning as I was scanning over the #nerdlution tweets, I saw the opportunity to support a fellow #nerdlution friend who was struggling with the same thing...



That's when it hit me...


Maybe the #nerdlution isn't ONLY about reading more, writing more and exercising more. Maybe it's about learning to be kind to myself when I don't do those things. That doesn't mean let myself off the hook...all of those practices will make me a better person and I'll continue to strive to complete each of them during the day...but if (when) I don't, I must be kind to myself. For me, this #nerdlution is as much about that as it is about the other. 

Thank you to each and every person who has encouraged me and supported me through this. I love sharing tweets and reading blog posts. Each of you inspire me everyday! Congratulations to everyone on reaching Day Ten of #Nerdlution! 

1 comment:

  1. Michelle,
    Thank you for your support and kind words! I love your revelation about being kind to yourself. I'm grateful to you for offer up these words today. You made a difference for me!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts. I love comments!