Today, I was asked to complete a blogging challenge by Amy Rudd. I first got to know Amy last spring during the Slice of Life Challenge on the Two Writing Teacher's Blog. She regularly commented on my posts. It meant the world to me and I've become a reader of her blog as well! Since both inquiries are similar, I decided to combine my answers here in this post.
Here are the rules:
1. Acknowledge the nominating blogger
2. Share 11 random facts about yourself
3. Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger creates for you
4. List 11 bloggers
5. Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer and let all the bloggers know they've been nominated. Don't nominate a blogger who has nominated you.
Eleven Random Facts about Me:
1. I love twitter!!
2. Books have always been my favorite toys. I preferred those to dolls and stuffed animals when I was small.
3. I've kept journals since I was nine years old.
4. I'm about to complete my 56th notebook.
5. Thirteen and a half years ago, I picked up and moved away from home...I only knew two people here in Virginia. Now I can't imagine living anywhere else.
6. Born and raised Catholic, but now I am a practicing Methodist. I am active in my church and have found a supportive church family and a renewed faith.
7. I do not make resolutions for the new year, instead I pick a word to guide my year. I usually buy a piece of jewelry as a talisman...a reminder...for the year.
8. I called off my wedding two weeks before. At the time, it was so painful...looking back, it was the right decision for both of us!
9. My Dad died almost seven years ago and I miss him everyday.
10. I've lived in Massachusetts, New Jersey, Connecticut, Virginia, and Spain. As a child I lived in six houses in the same town. (Once we moved next door!)
11. I am an NCIS addict! This is by far my favorite television show!
Here are the bloggers who inspire me:
Now, here are the questions for the bloggers that I've invited...
1. What's your favorite quote? Why?
2. What's your theme song? Why?
3. Who inspires you?
4. If you had a weekend (and money was no object), what would you do? Who would be with you?
5. What's the best part of your day?
6. Three high points of 2013?
7. Secret guilty pleasure?
8. If you could spend time with anyone living or dead, who would it be?
9. What are you reading right now?
10. All time favorite book from childhood.
11. What's your one little word for 2014?