Sunday, December 1, 2013

The Nerdlution Begins Tomorrow


“Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?” 
― L.M. Montgomery





Beginnings are exciting and new. The butterflies flap in my stomach whenever I start something new. Tomorrow will be the official start of the Nerdlution. What is that? It's a head start on resolutions. It's takings one or two...or in my case, three...goals and focusing on them for the next fifty days. FIFTY DAYS! Yikes! Just breathe and follow this advice, Just take things one day at a time.  



I've been spending some time today preparing for my nerdlutions. My office is newly organized. My kindle is charged and ready to go. I've brushed off my running shoes and pulled out the winter workout clothes. Preparation is key to success. I'm planning to succeed.




My promise to myself throughout these next fifty days is kindness. Be kind to myself! Do whatever I can to succeed, but when I stumble...be kind. Reach out! The nerdlution is not just me. That's the great thing about this...the community. There are many participating and part of the nerdlution is posting about it on twitter. Sharing success stories and asking for support, help, guidance when it's needed. Everything's better with community...with support...with a hug



Will you join me in the nerdlution?

If you're still not sure, take a moment and listen to this amazing poem written by Kevin Hodgson for the nerdlution! It inspired me, let it inspire you...


6 comments:

  1. Good luck, Michelle. We'll all be here cheering you on every day.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, I really like your idea of kindness! This is the time of the year when we all need it. Thanks for including Kevin's poem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jaana! It's important to remember to be kind to ourselves! :) Good luck!

      Delete
  3. I have been a bit hesitant to join the #nerdlution but I have already found so much inspiration and great blogs, like yours. I might as well go for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy Michelle, Thanks so much for your kind words about my blog. YES! Go for it!!! We all need to support each other. Good luck and let me know how it's going. :)

      Delete

Please share your thoughts. I love comments!