Do you ever read something and the idea lingers? It won't leave you alone? It's such a gift when that happens. I was catching up on my blog reading from vacation and I came across this post on Teach Mentor Texts.
Lists are fun. Un-boring is fun! I had to know more. I read about where the idea came from and decided that I want to make my own. The idea of an Un-Boring List fits in perfectly with my OLW risk.
Here's the first draft of my Un-Boring List:
1. Say YES (especially when you feel like it's out of your comfort zone)
2. Try something new as often as possible
3. Travel to a new place
4. Spend a day without electronics
5. Find independent bookstores and make a purchase
6. Surprise someone...just because
7. Mail cards, letters (real life paper ones) once a week to my niece & nephew
8. Attend a writing workshop/retreat
9. Find new, creative, fun ways to MOVE
Many of these things are things I've wanted to do, but I haven't made time to do. There's something about putting an item on a list...it's more motivating to get it done and place that cherished checkmark next to it. I'm looking forward to seeing where my list and my word take me this year...
I need more suggestions for my un-boring list! Please add your suggestions in the comments.