Sunday, March 16, 2014

Halfway...

Slice of Life Challenge
Please join the challenge over at Two Writing Teachers!


When March started peeking around the corner I was nervous about this challenge. I thought, I'll never have time to write a blog post everyday. I started devising ways to back out...and skip this experience...I'm so glad I showed up. That's what I'm learning about writing...so much of it is showing up. Being present. Just doing it. Why am I glad to be part of this challenge?

1. Blogging friends I've made. There are people out there I've never seen in person...yet, and I eagerly read their blog posts each day. I know them. They know me. I consider them friends and I'm grateful for their wisdom, kindness, and support!

2. Discipline...habit...this challenge has made writing a daily habit. I write everyday. I WRITE EVERYDAY! Oh, for how long have I wanted to say that and now I can. It's hard. It's work. I have to show up...but the benefits are worth it.

3. Learning. Reading these thoughtful and creative blog posts written by others inspire me and teach me so much. I see new ways to express myself. I observe how others teach and bring those practices into my classroom. I listen to stories of life and family and learn about who these writers are. 

4. I am a writer. By blogging everyday, I feel more confident in speaking those words. Yesterday I was running errands and I ran into a coworker and his wife. As I introduced myself, she said, "Oh, you're the writer!" I smiled. Yes. Yes, I'm the writer. 



Thank you to the Two Writing Teachers for hosting this challenge. This has changed me. I'm proud to be part of it. Grateful for the opportunity and the support that I always find here. 

Fellow bloggers, I invite you to stop and reflect on your journey so far. I invite you to congratulate yourself and be proud of your accomplishments! I'm honored to be in your company!

11 comments:

  1. The Sunshine Writing Club is all about writing, right?
    https://notegraphy.com/dogtrax/note/161421
    It's interesting how often I do identify myself as a writer, and then a teacher (of writing). Blogging did that, and I am grateful to have a space to write, and community/networks like Slice of Life (among others) transforms connections in interesting and positive ways.
    Yes, you are a writer. So am I.
    :)
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm
      Now, I meant Sunrise not Sunshine, and yet .... I like that, too.
      Kevin

      Delete
  2. I found that once I became a writer, my students did too. I am grateful to say that this slice of life challenge helped me to consider myself a writer too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Discipline...habit...this challenge has made writing a daily habit. I write everyday. I WRITE EVERYDAY! Oh, for how long have I wanted to say that and now I can. It's hard. It's work. I have to show up...but the benefits are worth it." this made me smile! So true. I am new to slicing this year! I am writing! I am showing up! This is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you expressed your observations. Isn't it fun when we get validated for writing?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post, Michelle, and thank you! I loved your number four-yes, indeed, you are a writer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are so glad you joined in the fun this year Michelle and that you didn't back out. It will make an authentic difference to your life and your classroom, I promise and there's SOL Tuesdays to keep your writing life strong!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't imagine this March writing challenge and NOT reading your blog posts! You are definitely a WRITER! I love reading your posts! Keep on writing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YOU ARE CERTAINLY a writer....and I look forward every day to you posts! It's hard to find time to read ALL I want to read.....I find myself having to be selective!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you are a writer! I would have missed out on "meeting" you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Michelle, thanks for encouraging and inspiring me to keep writing… I look forward to your comments on my slices everyday!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts. I love comments!