Monday, March 24, 2014

Painting Playgrounds

Slice of Life Challenge
Please join the challenge over at Two Writing Teachers!

Yesterday the great, talented, inspirational artist and author Mary Anne Rachmacher asked a simple question...Around what new adventure are you engaged in creating a structure? I love that question...it made me think. There are two new adventures I am on. The path of one is so much clearer than the other...but I know I'm on multiple adventures. 

The first is painting. I am learning how to paint. The energy I feel when I paint and play inspires me. The class I'm taking is all about intention and intuition and not following the rules. I LOVE that! She regularly uses phrases like, unleash your joy. It's an amazing journey to be on...I'm practicing self-acceptance and I'm taking risks and I'm being joy-full in my use of colors and paper and so much more! It's a slow process. I still haven't finished one painting, but here's what I did yesterday. Remember unfinished painting playgrounds...

What's the other adventure? I'm not sure how to explain it, except to use my word of the year, RISK. I'm taking risks and trying things I might have skipped out on...and each of these risks feels like it's a piece to a puzzle...something I'm supposed to do. It's fuzzy and unclear and the possibilities are exciting. Not knowing is something I never liked before this year, but with my OLW, RISK and my faith I'm able to relax into it and truly enjoy the adventure. So I'll borrow Mary Anne's question and ask you...Around what new adventure are you engaged in creating a structure?


7 comments:


  1. Wow! You are so creative!

    It's wonderful how you are on an adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are such joyous creations, Michelle - love the happy colors and textures that you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great! The second looks like it belongs on your blog somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you know I'm trying the weaving, & now you're so inspiring, Michelle, maybe I'll look for an art class. Wow-there are gorgeous, & just the background? I love what you're doing. Leigh Anne is right-take a pic & insert it into the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read your post this morning, but did not have time to comment! As I was talking about mixed media to my students today, I was thinking about the art on your page! These are beautiful! I want to take a class to learn how to make these! Hoping that you will post more pictures in the future as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the paintings! I am writing every day as my new adventure. I want to continue -- it's so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your paintings are beautiful, Michelle! I love the colors. Good luck with your other "risk." Can't wait to hear more about it.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts. I love comments!