Friday, March 14, 2014

Reading Lunch

Slice of Life Challenge
Please join the challenge over at Two Writing Teachers!



Lunch time is precious to me. 
It's a few minutes to 
breath and relax and just be. 
Recently, I incorporated...
"Reading Lunch with Ms. Haseltine".
It's as simple as it sounds. 
I hang a sign and my students get a pass. 
They grab their lunch, eat and 
we read. 
Usually there's a handful of students who join me...
once another teacher joined us. 
We read...all of us. 
I adore these moments. 
A quiet moment 
in the middle of the day, 
to stop, eat, and read. 
Heavenly! 

9 comments:

  1. Sounds divine! I hope it catches on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! This type of lunch forces you to have time to both eat and read - what a great model you are setting for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, a lovely time to stop and read. Great that you are sharing your passion with others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! I love the graphic also! Maybe after my testing session is over, I will start something like this as well! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome - what a great way to nurture a reading community.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't think of anything better to do at lunchtime. I bet the children share and recommend books. Sometimes I need a break from the drama of the teacher's lounge and perhaps the students need a break for the playground drama.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful thing to do for your and your students!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to do an after school book club for interested students. It's been so busy this year, maybe I'll wait until May, that last quarter tends to be better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your image is amazing.. but the fact that kid WANT to read is not only amazing but makes me have hope for the future!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts. I love comments!