Monday, April 7, 2014

A Love Poem

I wrote this poem a year ago...
April 5, 2013


Walking my dog
enjoying the chilly morning air
starting my day
like any other
until I saw
a heart in the road

A paper heart
alone
flat
sad
            but
still bringing
joy
a smile
love

The idea
of that heart stayed
with me all day
and beyond

Where did it come from?
Why is there a heart in the road?
What happened?

I realized
love is all around
everywhere
when I want to see it
even
in the middle of the road
on an early chilly morning
while walking the dog…


love


©Michelle Haseltine, 2014
All Rights Reserved


I'm so grateful for my fellow bloggers who share in my passion for poetry. Check out their blogs and their creative and amazing poems. They inspire me everyday...
Julieanne,MargaretLeigh AnneMary LeeKevin and Cathy

4 comments:

  1. Perfect poem to start my day. Love you Leo ♥ What a beautiful memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A special memory. Sending thoughts and blessings. Thanks for the shout out. What a wonderful community we have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a treasure -- both the object and the message it gave you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What timing! I am sure as time moves on, you will find even more of these written memories.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts. I love comments!