Saturday, April 5, 2014

Celebration in Poetry

Each week on Saturday 
bloggers celebrate at Ruth Ayres Writes
Won't you join us? 


Combining  celebration and poetry today...

I celebrate her smile
her expression when she sees the book
just for her

I celebrate her awe
when she sees the inscription
just for her

I celebrate books
that connect and heal
for all of us

I celebrate authors
who connect
who make dreams come true
©2014 Michelle Haseltine
All Rights Reserved


This poem is inspired by the amazing Nancy J. Cavanaugh, author of This Journal Belongs to Ratchet who helped me touch the life of a student. Authors inspire me daily, but when one acts as selflessly and shows such kindness, as Nancy has...I have such admiration!



I'm so grateful for my fellow bloggers who share in my passion for poetry. Check out their blogs and their creative and amazing poems. They inspire me everyday...Julieanne,MargaretLeigh AnneMary LeeKevin and Cathy

9 comments:

  1. Today I want to celebrate authors whose books connect and heal! Thanks for sharing this today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this kind of celebration. We are all in this together and that feels great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you chose that experience to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle, your poem is so heartfelt. Authors dream of touching lives this way, so thank you for sharing this. Nancy J. Cavanaugh

    ReplyDelete
  5. I celebrate this and all the other poems you wrote this week. You have shared many different emotions and wonderful words. The one about blank page eating your thoughts and the found poem were my favorites. Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, the power of a book that connects and fits. It seems the angels sing when we feel that or see that connection in another. Loving writing poetry with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a wonderful story to share this Celebration Saturday, Michelle! I love when students make that special connection with an author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, that's wonderful! I haven't read that book yet, but it's on my list! Authors+students=magic

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts. I love comments!