Sunday, April 6, 2014

For Leo

Leo was about 
Today's poem is dedicated to my precious Leo. His time with me ended yesterday. I held him in my arms as he passed. I'm sad and I miss him...so today's poem is for him & about him...


Good morning Sunshine!
That's how I greeted him 
every morning
He greeted me with a 
leap out of bed
eager to meet the day!
Gobbling up his breakfast
he sprinted outside to see
what the morning held...
enthusiasm
Sniffing all around
discovering
all the earth had to offer...
curiosity
Barking as soon as the
garage door opened at the
end of the day...
welcoming
Finding the spot 
closest to me
wherever I was in the house...
loyalty
Playing with anything
toys, toilet paper rolls, 
empty cereal boxes...
playful
Cuddling with me
when I cried 
Nudging my hand
when he wanted to be pet
Always
Always
Always
there for each other...
love
Ou final picture together!
©Michelle Haseltine 2014
All Rights Reserved


I'm so grateful for my fellow bloggers who share in my passion for poetry. Check out their blogs and their creative and amazing poems. They inspire me everyday...Julieanne,MargaretLeigh AnneMary LeeKevin and Cathy

9 comments:

  1. I am sorry for your loss. It's lovely that you have the pictures, memories and now a poem, too.
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved Leo. My heart goes out to you, Michelle. May you be comforted by your sweet memories. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. **tears**

    You captured your Leo beautifully and made me remember with gratitude the love of all my pets who have shared their brief lives with me.

    I hope writing this (and going back again and again to look at it and read it) will help you heal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crying for you and your Leo. He looked like a wonderful, loyal, and fun dog. It's so hard to lose our beloved pets. I hope you can find strength in our caring community and the love of those around you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Michelle. This is so beautiful. I can see and feel the love you shared with Leo. My heart goes out to you, friend, as you celebrate the life you had together and mourn its ending.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry for your loss, Michelle. Leo was a beautiful dog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry Michelle. You have written many times about him and how important he was in your life. He was a loyal companion and your words captured that today. I hope you find comfort in them as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your beautiful poem moved me to tears, Michelle. I am so sorry for your loss of Leo. Sending you hugs and prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts. I love comments!