Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Found Poem from Comments

Slice of Life Challenge
Please join the challenge over at Two Writing Teachers!

April is poetry month. Penny Kittle spoke about poetry and how she shares poetry with her students everyday. She says it's important to share beautiful words with your students everyday. I continue to be inspired by her words, so I attempted the found poem idea...inspired by Julieanne's Found Poem post, I tried my own. It's definitely a first draft. This was harder than I thought it would be, but I'm committed to writing poetry this month. I'm working with beautiful words to inspire some of my own.

Thank you to Julieanne & Penny Kittle for the inspiration this morning...

I love the way your 
words collide
stand by me 
through whatever 
life throws 
your way
Colliding creates sparks

Fortunate to have 
amazing friends
true friendship
brings so much 
joy and love

I wondered 
about your warm, 
vitamin-filled thoughts
You get to be
refreshed and heartened
You get to be
blessed

I love how you 
honor 
your fiercely 
honest reflection
Your life is 
your own 
to love!

Everything is 
different 
with a
positive and 
honest approach

Your 
life's journey 
will take you 
to where
there is a 
special purpose



5 comments:

  1. I find much inspiration from Penny Kittle's work. I love the line about how word's collide.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. It is so you. YOU came out in the comments. Love collide and the last line. And yes! I want to do Chris Lehman's workshop. I'm scared but if you're gonna, I will too! Sign ups start tomorrow at 10 EST...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I can see why it would be harder than you thought! Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific, Michelle. Love those "warm, vitamin-filled thoughts"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I looked for you today! I'm with the others -- collide is a great word!
    Have fun with April and Poetry Month!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts. I love comments!