Wednesday, July 2, 2014

God Walks with Me

Thank you to Holly for inviting us to reflect on our own spiritual journey! Please stop by and join us at her blog. 


I read Holley Gerth's blog post this morning: "You Don't Have to Pretend to be Strong" and I even shared it with a friend. I thought about posting and linking my post, but I felt like I didn't have much to say...I was wrong. 

I'm in my forties and single. Many know that about me already. It's a strange place to be because I never thought I'd be single at this point in my life. Most days, most minutes...I love my life! There are so many blessings I can't even count that high...but there are those moments when I'm sad. My faith falters. I wonder if I'm alone as a punishment. I compare myself. I doubt. Then I get frustrated with myself and remind myself that things are done in God's time. His will. His plan. 

Today I was having those doubts and feeling sorry for myself and I got a text from my friend, Jessica... 


I had no idea what she was talking about, so I searched youtube and found this video...



How could Jessica possibly know that I needed to hear THIS song this morning?!?! She called me & we agree...this is a God moment. I looked further and she's a local singer. Now Jessica and I are going to see her perform in a couple of weeks. 

It's true...God walks with you and me always. 

Here's the "official" video of the same song. 

9 comments:

  1. What a wonderful song and singer!

    You are so right, Michelle. His timing is sweet and it's easy to see He is filling your life with sweetness in the waiting.

    There is a song by JJ Heller ...It says "I don't know what You're doing but I know who You are"...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Loralee!! Tears streaming down my face once again! I'm grateful for the recommendation!!

      Delete
  2. Michelle, this song is beautiful! I needed that this morning. I also sent the link to the video to my daughter. What a blessing you are! Please share more after you hear her in person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So right there with you. I'm 55, never married. Like you, I have a full, rich life, and still there's a part of me that longs for that special person…Those days it's hard to trust that there really is a plan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the song because isn't that always the way we are. We don't care what the plan is as long as ____fill in the blank. My daughters are at the age of trying to figure out all this relationship stuff. I keep telling them there is time. They just need to work on themselves and their careers first. I see my friends having grandchildren, but that is not in the plan for me right now.
    I am impressed with your positive attitude and know that whatever is in store for you in the future, joy will be a part of it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle I just love those God stops in our lives! My daughter is single and though she is young still (28) she longs for her special someone to come into her life. God's does have a special plan for your life and part of it right now is ministering to other singles with your words. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love this and will be sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful post, Michelle. This song is beautiful and the message is true...always in God's time. I know I have a hard time waiting...I want things to be fixed right away. I always wonder what God is trying to teach me. :) Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is so neat how God knows what we need when we need it! He is so good. I love the song too.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts. I love comments!