Thursday, October 2, 2014

Spiritual Journey: Living for Today

It's been three months that we've been blogging about our spiritual journey. Join us over at Holly's blog to share your journey. Today we are talking about: Living for Today.




As I sit down to write this post, I'm thinking of reasons why I can skip this week..."I don't have anything to say. I'm tired." The reasons pile up...so I decide to take a look back. Rereading my spiritual journey posts inspire me, make me smile, and give me the oomph I need to write this post.

Living for Today. Trust. 

What do these words mean to me? 

Synonymous with faith.
Developing a strong relationship with God.
Believe.
Let go.
Allow.
Belief that everything will be ok. 

Welcome to my brain. Those thoughts swirl around my head as I chew on the idea of living for today. There's a quote that I love...



Trust that God has a plan and guides us all through it. When things make no sense and the world seems filled with pain and sorrow, I trust. In trusting, I do what I can to make today the best day it can be. Today, I found this letter by Ann Voskamp written for the hard days. She encourages the reader to continue to do her best and, "...just for today- listen: you've got to keep going." 

God will provide. God will BE there for us, walk the path with us and no matter where tomorrow brings us, we will not be alone. 

3 comments:

  1. Three months?! Wow! Thanks so much for taking this journey with me! :-) I love that quote - "Everything will be okay in the end..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. This I believe, "God will be there with us." But it sure helps to have dedicated friends, too. Thanks for being one of my best cyberfriends.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts. I love comments!