Thank you to Margaret for this link up for Digital Literacy!
The connections that I've made on Twitter and by blogging have been invaluable! These connections have made me a better teacher! This week we are starting a chat on Twitter for the teachers in Loudoun County. The hope is others find their own PLN! Please join us and share your experiences and your knowledge. The details are below...
When: November 6, 2014 First Thursday of the month at 8pm
Where: Twitter (use Twubs.com or tweetchat.com to follow the conversation more easily)
What: Chat topics & questions will be announced before the chat.
Who: EVERYONE! Looking for LCPS teachers...ALL are welcome!
Topic: Connected Educator
- What does being a CE mean to you?
- Where do you go to connect?
- Advantages to being a CE?
- How do you encourage others to connect?
- How has it changed you as an educator?
- Who do you follow?
- Sign into either tweetchat.com or twubs.com to follow the conversation. Sign in USING your twitter username & password. Type in #lcpsedchat. Now, the sites will automatically put the #lcpsedchat into every tweet for you.
- EVERY tweet must include the #lcpsedchat to be seen by the group.
- Introduce yourself and jump into the chat. Ask questions, answer questions. This chat is for you! Tip: Address someone directly by using their username if you are answering/asking them a question.
- This chat is moderated by @mhaseltine, @jbreynoldsTRT and @mikespeidel. Follow the moderators!
- The chat will be archived when it’s done and the archive will be shared on twitter and the blogs. You can read the entire chat after it’s over, if you want.
- Remember: Chats can move fast. It’s ok! Take a deep breath and get ready!