Saturday, January 3, 2015

First Celebration of 2015

Thank you for Ruth for this supportive community where we celebrate! It's made such a difference to me...please join us at Ruth's blog!


It's a rainy Saturday morning, the last of this luxuriously long winter break and all I want to do is curl up in and spend the day in bed...but no, I will begin this day with celebrations! The first celebration of the new year.

I celebrate life's surprises...you know those surprises...the ones the pop up when you aren't looking. Unexpected invitations. Thoughtful notes. Kind words. Hugs and "me too" when those words are needed most. I celebrate the fact that I've experienced all of these surprises this week.

I celebrate words...the power that words have to heal and connect and love. Words like, "Thank you" "I love you"  and "Me too". Words guide my life and the one I'll use to guide my year is fly. 

I celebrate FLY, my word of the year, my one little word, OLW. I'm still puzzling through this word and why it chose me. (It chose me at the very last minute too.) 







What are you celebrating today?

11 comments:

  1. FLY! I love reading about everyone's words! If more inspiration for this word appears, I would love to read about that. PS. I sing that Sara Evans song when I'm running sometimes. (yes, outside where people can see me.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you read Nightingale's Nest yet? I just finished this last night and it reminded me of your OLW. It is a beautiful story and one I hope you find time to read. Happy weekend and have a great week back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely things to celebrate, Michelle. It is those little things that mean so much. "Fly" connotes much in our wide world. I look forward to see where it will take you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fly is a great OLW. Fly is a great One Word to Live (OWL) by. I bought a pack of Thank You cards and hoping to use them up all this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! You are going to take off with this OLW. So excited to see where this takes you. As always your posts fill me with JOY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness...FLY chose me at the last minute too!!! Weird....There's definitely a connection there! :)

    If you send me your email, I will get you those directions for making the Powerpoint buttons. It's too long to put on Twitter. ;)

    Jennifer
    Sweet Writing Life

    Mrs. Laffin’s Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fly to new sights, Michelle, and fill your notebook with words that will allow you to soar.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fly is such a promising word Michelle. It brings up many images for me as to where it can and will take you. I look forward to reading more. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fly seems like a word with all kinds of possibilities. Have a wonderful year exploring them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been reading the OLW posts and so far your word is the boldest. You are going to have fun with this word.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that you found the perfect FLY songs to celebrate your OLW!! I love both of them. Alison Krauss has such a beautiful voice, and the Sara Evans song has always made me happy when I hear it.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts. I love comments!