Saturday, March 14, 2015

Celebrations this Week!


Today is my 14th  slice for the March Slice of Life Challenge on Two Writing Teachers.

Thank you Ruth for this opportunity (and reminder) tocelebrate this blessing called life!

I celebrate breakfasts with friends! I'm about to spend Saturday morning with some of my favorite people in the whole wide world...eating breakfast and catching up. We've been friends for over twenty years! (I'll add pics later today!)


I celebrate the power of books! I'm loving Jen Hatmaker's new book For the Love! That's all I can say right now, but here's a quote that I LOVE...




I celebrate Vanillapen. My favorite new app! It creates amazing posters!! It cost $5, but to me it's worth every penny! You'll see more quotes on here now! Here's my OLW...

OK, my other new favorite app is Plant Nanny. It reminds me to drink water. It's a cute app that was recommended to me by a friend. The more water you drink, the more your plant grows. I thought it was silly, but guess what? It's WORKING!!! I'm drinking more water!!

Question...anyone have a FitBit or anything like it? I'm thinking that if this app is helping me drink water than the FitBit would help me move more. I'd love feedback and thoughts about that! Is it worth the money?

Finally I am celebrating writing for fourteen days straight! There are moments that are hard, but the good outweighs it so much! I feel like I'm getting MORE out of this challenge every year that I do it!

Happy Saturday!

18 comments:

  1. First I love your app suggestions and will get the water drinker on my phone in minuets! I do not have a Fitbit but was thinking about getting myself one to encourage the movement. Like you, I need/want/embrace the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The FitBit is worth it if you use it. I'll be back to that good place just once I see a little bit of sun in the sky. Enjoy breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will do my celebration post tomorrow. I love the variety of your celebrations (and I am downloading Plant Nanny right now- thanks for that).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will do my celebration post tomorrow. I love the variety of your celebrations (and I am downloading Plant Nanny right now- thanks for that).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy breakfast with friends! I agree, the FitBit is worth it if you use it. It tracks so much - your steps, you can add food/calories, and your sleep patterns and even a built in alarm to get you up and moving in the morning! Last year I celebrated my 15th year teaching in my district and this was the gift I selected because I was curious but probably knew I would not buy it for myself. I say treat yourself and pick one up! My only problem? Deciding what night I don't where it to recharge it. Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for suggesting those new apps. Plant Nanny is downloading right now. Drinking more water is a goal for me this year. I haven't been doing such a great job so this will help.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michelle, I've been downloading some books to my audible account ( The Crossover and Brown Girl Dreaming) and wanted some recommendations for more, so I went to your FB page to message you and found this post! You always have such good ideas! Plantnanny here I come! I have a Fitbit and I like it! Is it too early to get For the Love?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing these apps. I wasn't aware of them. I will need to share plantnanny with my wife.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the apps, Michelle, & hope you had a great time with your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to check out these apps, especially the Vanillapen. Congrats on the fourteen days. I know you were reluctant to do this, but I am so glad you did.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vanillapen looks intriguing. I don't have a fit bit, but many of my friends are using it. It apparently is quite addicting. I think you'd love it. Like Leigh Anne, I am so glad you are in #SOL15.

    ReplyDelete
  12. App will be downloaded later today! I LOVE my Fitbit!!! I have had mine for almost three years! Fitbit keeps me moving! When the weather was really bad this winter, I walked inside school before going home to get my steps for the day! You are teasing me with quotes from Jen's new book that is not available til August!!!! Can i wait???

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will have to try these apps out, Michelle - they look very cool. Breakfast with great friends is such a lovely way to begin the day. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I will have to try these apps out, Michelle - they look very cool. Breakfast with great friends is such a lovely way to begin the day. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay for Saturday mornings with friends! I think I will go drink some water. :)

    Also, I haven't used a FitBit, but my sister does regularly and I think that it has been a great motivator.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Vanillapen..I want to know more. Thanks for sharing all this fun stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Claim faucet bitcoins over at Moon Bitcoin. 29 satoshi every 5 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Make faucet satoshis over at FREE BITCOIN Faucet. Up to 0.22 BTC every 60 minutes.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts. I love comments!