Thursday, March 12, 2015

Discovering My Spiritual Journey

    

Today this blog post is serving two purposes...my 12th slice for the March Slice of Life Challenge on the Two Writing Teachers blog...it's also my contribution for Spiritual Journey Thursday on Holly Mueller's blog!


What a wonderful word...DISCOVER. I love the playfulness of this word and the possibility! My journey feels like a long journey of DISCOVERy and lately I feel like I'm searching for and hoping to DISCOVER love! My love for God. My love for friends. My love for family. My love for myself. I have those. I know what those feel like. I continue to cultivate those loves and DISCOVER ways to make them stronger.

What's funny about Spiritual Journeys is this...if you are looking to DISCOVER something, it seems to appear in ways you could never guess! I look for love. I want to have love in my life and share love and live a life filled with love. Lately, I seem to be reading books all about love and watching movies filled with love. There are moments when I feel lonely and without love. On Tuesday, I felt like that. I was yearning to reDISCOVER those loving feelings. I reached out to friends and asked for prayers. While I waited for their replies, I cried. I prayed. I wrote and then I opened my email...

I'd written and applied to be on the launch team for Jen Hatmaker's new book, For the Love, awhile ago and I hadn't heard anything... until last night! Did you catch the title?!?!?!


Love is IN the title! Maybe DISCOVERing isn't so much in the searching...maybe it's in the listening and in the looking and in the silence. This book...I'll be blogging more about it as the release draws near...in August. 

Just had to share this tweet!!! Jen Hatmaker tweeted ME!!! 




15 comments:

  1. Wow!! That gave me chills. What a fabulous opportunity that you'll be sure to LOVE! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful!! I am so excited for you! I had not hear of Jen before so I will be checking her writings. Thanks for joining us on this journey of discovery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your writing and honest reflections are helping me grow as a writer again. Thank you for this gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. Psyched for your For the Love adventure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so exciting to help something you believe in get launched into the world. You keep pushing and discovering and sharing your journey. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is SO amazing! I look forward to hearing what you say about this book - it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michelle, the love of God has showered you with a new adventure. I am glad that you discovered the love promoted by a writer named Jen that I need to connect with.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is wonderful news, Michelle - congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, Michelle! I'm so happy that you have this opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the connections. We really have to be open and listening! This also sounds like a book I need!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great bit of news. When we are actively seeking, I think we discover more. Enjoy the journey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So excited for you! Love acts and when we ask Love answers too. Glorious coincidences.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want this book! It looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts. I love comments!