Monday, March 16, 2015

Neat & Organized

Today is my 16th slice for the 
March Slice of Life Challenge on Two Writing Teachers.


Life moves so quickly during the week, things get disorganized. I have piles everywhere. Piles of clothes in the bedroom. Piles of dishes in the sink. I can't seem to keep up with it. (And I'm only one person...I have no idea how you mothers do it!!!) I've never considered myself one of those type A personalities...where everything has a place...but, one of my favorite things to do on the weekends is to organize a small space in my home.

Sunday afternoon I cleaned and reorganized my bedroom. I spent lots of time on my night stand. Rearranging books. Dusting. Straightening up. Now when I walk into my bedroom, I smile. I feel like I've accomplished something. Being neat and organized brings order to my life.


11 comments:

  1. Love it! I totally agree. For me, a cluttered space= a cluttered mind. I can't think through chaos. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more! It is amazing to me how quickly that organization can melt away though. I love organizing my bedroom too. It's the one space my kids can't mess up. (I've got a husband for that! :))

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photo! I think I need to finally put together the bookshelf that I bought months ago. You have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I needed decluttering inspiration today, since we are on spring break and I've determined that today is cleaning day. Thanks for reminding me to take it one small space at a time, and congratulations on your newly organized nightstand!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy for you! We've cleaned out the entryway and the living room and one bathroom so far. We have filled the garbage can, and I still have so many spaces to go! I embrace piles to a degree when school is going on, it just reminds me that we have lots of blessings. But to reset and be organized is such a blessing too! Your nightstand looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Couldn't agree more. My family went out last night, and I stayed behind to have a couple of hours to get the house in order for the week. As much as I was sad to miss out on the time with them, I know that it will make everyone's week go so much smoother to have all the laundry folded and away, clean rooms, and groceries in the pantry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Applause for decluttering. Your writing space looks lovely, the pile of books inspiring, and the bird adds personality.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It just feels good, doesn't it? I love that bird waiting there too -- waiting for you to 'fly'! Lots of great book titles too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's SUCH a good feeling to get organized. With all the busy-ness in my life, I can let things get completely out of control! We're going to be downsizing soon, so I have SOOOOO much to purge and organize; it's overwhelming. I need to follow your example and just take one small space at a time. Maybe it will keep motivating me to do the whole house!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow...I'm looking at my messy desk and feeling the urge to organize, too, Michelle. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that feeling when I walk in and see my neat and orderly room. It makes my heart lift. :) It's great that you accomplished so much.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts. I love comments!