Sunday, March 15, 2015

Routine of Sundays

Today is my 15th  slice for the 
March Slice of Life Challenge on Two Writing Teachers.


Rebeccalee wrote a beautiful post about the routine of Sundays, so I'm going to write one of my own. (Thanks for the inspiration, Rebeccalee!) 

Sundays have always been an important day in my week. Growing up, Sundays were family days. Church. Sunday dinner at Grammy & Papa's house. Family. When I moved to Virginia and away from family, Sundays were always hard for me. I spent a lot of time paying attention to that day and making it special.

I'm in a season in my life when Sundays are one of my favorite days of the week. My day starts with church. Greeting friends and listening to uplifting music and feeling God all around me...it's what I need every week!

Church is followed by a trip to Target or Wegmans. If I go to Wegmans (a huge grocery store that has a FOOD COURT inside it), I usually bring schoolwork or reading or writing and sit upstairs for a few hours before I do my shopping. Sometimes these Sunday afternoons at Wegmans include friends, often they are a time for me to reflect and write or get some work done. If I go to Target, I usually stop and pick up a sub to bring home for lunch.

When I get home, it's yoga pants, music or Netflix and chores or a nap or time spent playing with Bella. Sundays are for me. I often journal or paint or do something crafty on these afternoons. I like spending the day preparing for the week ahead.

What's your favorite day of the week? Why?

12 comments:

  1. Your Sunday routine sounds lovely! I think I'd like grocery shopping more if I had a Wegmans. ;-) I love that you save Sundays for YOU. I think Saturdays are my favorite because I feel like the whole weekend is still ahead of me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great routine. I don't know if I have a favorite day, but maybe Saturday because it doesn't have an alarm clock involved (at least most of the time). I usually have quiet reading time and a nice cup of tea before I do anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Celebrate your Sundays. Journaling and painting as part of a routine sound much better than cleaning

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely Sunday you have each week! It's inspiring to hear that you are preparing your mind and soul for the week in relaxing ways!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful Sunday routine. I can feel you relax and absorb all kinds of good in this post: to keep you fueled through the week. Sundays have a regenerative quality in my life too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is often an easy flow to Sundays. You appear to have found yours. It's good to see that there is also variety to your Sunday activities.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Sunday routine sounds perfect! Some weeks I use Sunday to get set for the week ahead and the rest of the week feels so much smoother. Other weeks I've been rushing around so much that Sunday is a time to relax and rejuvenate for the week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Sunday routine sounds perfect! Some weeks I use Sunday to get set for the week ahead and the rest of the week feels so much smoother. Other weeks I've been rushing around so much that Sunday is a time to relax and rejuvenate for the week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is often an easy flow to Sundays. You appear to have found yours. It's good to see that there is also variety to your Sunday activities.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Michelle, Sunday sounds so wonderful the way you described it. Time for you to reflect, enjoy, and savor life's moments. In the ordinary moments of routine you have carved out bliss. Off to finish my post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I do love Sundays. Sounds like you've found some sweet spots at week's end (or beginning). Happy Sunday, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You make Sundays sound absolutely delicious. I too love Sunday and am glad that I have found a church where I can place my worries aside and begin a new week./

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts. I love comments!