Thursday, April 2, 2015

What Inspires Me?

April is poetry month. This month I will be crafting and sharing original poems. Often, these poems will be messy and early drafts. Many of use are sharing our poems on twitter using the hashtag, #digipoetry. We hope you join us!


What inspires you?
A question that
stopped
me.

The smell of peppermint
ocean waves that never stop
the giggles of a child
vulnerable honesty
stickers
unexpected kindness
being surrounded with
my notebooks and pens
words, specifically
the words of...
Anne Lamott
Patti Digh
Jen Hatmaker
Elizabeth Gilbert
Bob Goff
Fr. Greg Boyle
Taylor Mali
Sarah Kay
...and music
specifically the melodies
sung by...
Sara Bareilles
Francesca Battistelli
JJ Heller
Pink
Brad Paisley
...and hugs
gratitude
optimism
kindness
compassion...

What inspires YOU?

©Michelle Haseltine, 2015
All rights reserved. 

5 comments:

  1. I like the surprising lines here: smell of peppermint and stickers. :-) I'll have to think about what inspires me and may have to borrow this idea. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a big question. I agree with a lot of your thoughts, especially the ending!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is kind of like a chain poem where one thing leads to another. My favorites are notebooks, pens and of course words!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great list poem! I want to look for some of these authors! There are several I have never heard of. Gel pens, in a variety of colors, are always nice. And ice cream. Ice cream, especially soft serve, is definitely inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a big question to answer, but love what you shared! I thought it was funny that Pink and Brad Paisley landed next to each other! But my favorite was your ending:
    " ...and hugs
    gratitude
    optimism
    kindness
    compassion..."

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts. I love comments!