Pages

Friday, May 8, 2015

Room for Grief & Joy!

Thank you Ruth for inspiring me to always look for the celebrations in life! 
Join us and share your celebrations!
This week has been filled with much celebration. Leading up to another day of celebration, Mother's Day. I have been blessed with so much in my life! My job brings me joy and allows me the privilege to educate amazing young minds! Friends who know me, really know me, and love me anyway! A church where I really understand the words, "Church Family"! My beautiful puppy who snuggles with me and takes me on long walks!  And even with all of those blessings, Mother's Day is a hard day for me. I felt like I was born to be a mother. I love kids! I want to be a mom...but I'm not. I'm 43. Single. Not a mom. That's my reality. It has taken lots of tears and lots of prayers to find peace with my life. My faith reminds me that God has a plan for me and even though I don't know what it is, I work on believing that every single day. This week was so busy at work, but I took some time to sit and write to my Pastor about my struggle with all of this. His words brought me so much comfort. He reminded me that in celebration, there's room for grief and tears, as well as joy and laughter. He heard my pain. He listened. That's all I wanted. On Sunday, celebrate mother's day! I will be celebrating with friends! Celebrate all of the wonderful moms that you know! Celebrate loud and joyously!! If I may ask, take a quiet moment and remember those who grieve. There's room for both.  I celebrate the amazing people who read my blog and support and love me! It's because of you, that I have the strength to write about this today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

New School Retreat

This school year brings changes for me as I'm transferring to a new school. It's a brand new school. It's still being buil...