Pages

Monday, August 24, 2015

Gratitude and Miracles

Thank you to Stacey, Betsy, Dana, Tara, Beth, Anna, Kathleen & Deb for this amazing platform to write and share writing! What a wonderful community you've created! I'm honored to be part of it. Join us at Two Writing Teachers.
We are in the middle of teacher workdays. Monday I presented and facilitated for most of the day. This morning I am meeting my sixth graders for the first time at orientation. With a spinning head, I am here. Here is where I stop, breathe, think. Knowing you will forgive me for the simple post today, I showed up...and today I want to write a list...a gratitude list. In no particular order, I'm grateful for: my mom, my sister, Jack and Jillian, my whole wonderful family, Bella, my home, friends who love me, notebooks, a job I adore, writing, the look on a face when a student finally "gets it", Dairy Queen, good books, Netflix, quiet after a long day, my writing group, funky reading glasses, peppermint, a smile, thoughtful gifts, cards in the mail, hearing just the right song at just the right time, fancy pens, bookstores, long drives, hugs, meeting new students, pillows, Anne Shirley, warm blankets, kindness, pool time, sound and smell of the ocean, early mornings, afternoon of shopping, giggling, poetry, slam poetry, Youtube videos, DubSmash, the moment before you fall asleep, YOU MATTER, gerber daisies, noise-canceling headphones, The Princess Bride, retreats, beginnings, doodling, showing grace, deep breaths, creativity, the sky after a rainstorm, chocolate cake, the smell of dog's paws (like Fritos), surprises...
Wishing you days filled with people and things for which you are grateful. Please share what makes you grateful in the comments! I'd love to hear about it!
Since it's the beginning of the school year, here is one of my favorite poetry slammers, Taylor Mali, to inspire you...

No comments:

Post a Comment

New School Retreat

This school year brings changes for me as I'm transferring to a new school. It's a brand new school. It's still being buil...