Monday, March 7, 2016

Five Question Challenge

Thank you to Stacey, Betsy, Dana, Tara, Beth, Anna, Kathleen & Deb for this amazing platform to write and share writing! What a wonderful community you've created! I'm honored to be part of it. Join us at Two Writing Teachers.


I was given this challenge by the amazing Peter Anderson. Here are his answers. I waited to respond so I could include this in the SOLC. Here are the five questions and my answers…

1. What has been your one biggest struggle this school year?
Finding time to get everything done.
2. Share two accomplishments that you are proud of this school year.
I’m proud of my students participating in Fine Arts Night reading their own original poetry. I’m proud of the connections they’ve made with our first grade blogging buddies in Ohio. (One more, I’m proud that one-third of my students stepped up to take the slice of life blogging challenge, where they blog every day for the month of March!)
3. What are three things you wish to accomplish before the end of the school year?
I want all of my students to call themselves readers and to have discovered the book that made them a reader. I want all of my students to recognize themselves as writers and to have written something they love. I want to be able to look back and see the close community we have created in my classroom.
4. Give four reasons why you remain in education despite today’s rough culture.
Students. Students. Students. Students. It may sound cliché but it’s the truth.
5. Which five people do you hope will take this challenge by answering these questions? Instead of naming people, I ask anyone who is interested to take this challenge.

12 comments:

  1. You don't need to look back to see the community you've created, Michelle, because you are living it every day! I am always in awe of your passion for teaching, your students, and literacy. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how student-centered you always remain. It must feel so special to be in your class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a blessing you are as a teacher! Thank you for sharing your positive and honest work with us always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you express your commitment to your students.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, Michelle, I want to be a student in your class!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is all about the students --they keep us motivated, inspired and laughing! I did not know about the challenge. Look forward to checking it out. Thanks
    Clare

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love reading of your commitment! And now I have something to write TODAY!!
    I plan to answer your 5 questions and post my answers after school!!
    Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great questions and even better answers. I always enjoy hearing what you're doing in the classroom, know that your students are having a terrific learning year. And that's probably because it is the students that make us love the work. Your answers were clear about that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Students, students, students - this says it all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your number 4. That is THE answer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Michelle, what a great slice. I agree with your answers to number 1 and number 4. I, too, would have to answer that my biggest struggle this year is that I don't have enough time to get everything done (I just left school at 7:00 pm this evening). Also, why do I remain in educatio? The students of course. And, I am changing the world by impacting the future - our kids!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great slice and post to share! I just like many others love the answer to #4.... STUDENTS! That's the real reason why we are here, and sometimes it can be overshadowed by other things. I can't wait to read more about your students and classroom! :)
    Ana

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts. I love comments!