Sunday, March 13, 2016

Practicing Gratitude

Thank you to Stacey, Betsy, Dana, Tara, Beth, Anna, Kathleen & Deb for this amazing platform to write and share writing! What a wonderful community you've created! I'm honored to be part of it. Join us at Two Writing Teachers.

I'm still sick. It's hard to focus and concentrate. I had to call in sick to work. I had to cancel a presentation at a conference. I refuse to miss a day of blogging, so I'm showing up and telling my story...messy and all!

Being sick magnifies everything...tiny annoyances send me into tears and a good nap feels life changing. I'm going to focus on the good stuff and practice some gratitude.

I'm grateful for...

friends who take care of me & look out for me
my sister sending me texts to make me laugh
aunts who check in on me
my mom who loves me 
Netflix & Hulu
good books
lots of nap
Tamiflu
Ibuprofen
water, lots of water

13 comments:

  1. Finding things to be grateful for during sickness is not easy. I like your positivity in the midst of annoying sickness. Go take another nap, it really helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a dedicated blogger. Sorry you still feel so rotten! It says something wonderful about you that you can still focus on being grateful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the reminder that there's always a silver lining! Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the reminder that there's always a silver lining! Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had the stomach bug yesterday and am feeling a bit better today, but not completely. I lay in bed all day yesterday and watched Project Runway on Hulu. I'm wondering what I would have done had that not been possible. I hope you feel better quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you start feeling better soon. Being sick is the pits. And some days it's hard to find the good. Glad you are looking for it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Take care Dear Michelle. Focus on all the gratitude. I'm praying for healing and peaceful rest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear you are still feeling awful! It inspires me to see you blog about gratitude when you are feeling so ill. This definitely will come to mind next time I'm sick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Take care of yourself. The flu is not easy. I'm so impressed by your dedication to keep writing through this. And I'm in awe of your ability to practice gratitude in the midst of feeling lousy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brava, Michelle! Blog away. Nap again. Take your oscillococinum and get better. Your sense of humor, at least what I hear through your words, is still shining through!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is hard to be positive when you're sick. Glad you found the energy to write today. Hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry you're still sick! Get some more rest. Lots and lots of naps :) Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So very sorry you are still sick. That is the worst. Way to keep up on your blogging! I know it can be hard. Take this time to rest and get better, or it will be worse if you overdo it!! :) Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts. I love comments!