Saturday, March 12, 2016

The Flu: A Story Told in Pictures!

Thank you to Stacey, Betsy, Dana, Tara, Beth, Anna, Kathleen & Deb for this amazing platform to write and share writing! What a wonderful community you've created! I'm honored to be part of it. Join us at Two Writing Teachers.

I'm feeling awful, but I'm determined to write everyday. Diagnosed with FLU. Ugh! I haven't had the flu in years. It's not pretty. Fever. Aches. Weak. Sore throat. Headache.

Enough of that. I am surrounded by angels. As soon as I shared that I was sick, I started getting texts with offers to help from friends. I'm not good at being open to that, but I'm working on it, so I said, "Yes!"

Yes to Celesta walking Bella.
Yes to Christine picking up my medicine.
Yes. Yes. Yes. 

It feels good to be loved. (Not to mention, that Bella hasn't left my side all night and day! How do dogs know?) 



Here is my Friday, my first flu day, in pictures...


This is how my medicine arrived at my doorstep!



This is what was in the bag!


Here's my messy night stand. Soup. Water. Medicine. 


My reading for today. LOVING this book!


I celebrate the angels in my life! 


15 comments:

  1. Wishing you quick recovery. Keep your day slow and easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are lucky to have such love in your life Michelle! I hope you feel better really soon! I always love the photos you add to your writing. They make your piece come alive! Sending a big hug to you!
    -Dana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry you have the flu. Be gentle with yourself, get lots of rest, and drink lots of liquids. Hoping for a quick recovery. Love the bunny from your medicine bag. And keep saying yes to those offers of help. Something tells me that you're usually the one offering the help. Let others serve you now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yuck...the flu stinks...but yeah,,,you are still writing! I love your PERSEVERANCE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Time for Selah? Even with the flu? By the way, on your nightstand picture, I love the little stuffy bug. He looks like what having the flu feels! Prayers for a full recovery and peaceful rest. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ICKY! I hope you feel better. I've been battling something this week too, not the flu but it has not been enjoyable. Why is it so hard to say yes sometimes??! I have the same problem. I feel like maybe because I always want to be helping others, sometimes I don't want to admit when I need the help in return? What amazing people you have in your life!!! Good for you for saying YES! Have a good restful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry about this, Michelle, but the care you've received makes me feel good about the world. You have very thoughtful friends. I hope the weekend coming right now is part of a good get well plan. Lots of R & R and Tamiflu!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Michelle, isn't it amazing how many supporters love to be angels (including Bella)? I hope you are getting better because the flu is a messy business. I see that Kendra incorporated your one little word into her comment. Pause and reflect-your time to heal will come.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel your pain, I had mono and needed all that help too! I have a dog too and he just knew something was wrong, stayed by my side like your dog! I hope you feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The flu is certainly no fun! I always thought the worst thing about living by myself was when I was sick! You have many wonderful friends. Hopefully you will be back to yourself soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful that you have friends jumping in to help. I hope you recover quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yuck! The flu is the worst ... what great friends you have there taking care of you! Amazing and I pray you'll be back to yourself quickly, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so sorry you're so sick! The flu is the worst! I hope it's gone soon and you're feeling better quickly. Lots of get better vibes sent your way!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is nice to be reminded that your tribe, including Bella, are there for you. Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts. I love comments!