Saturday, July 2, 2016

This Week...

Summer is about time. 
Time to think. 
Time to renew. 
Time to prepare. 
Time to plan. 

I celebrate the opportunity 
for this time.

This week I've read Nine, Ten: A September 11 Story by the wonderful Nora Raleigh Baskin.
This week I've written in my notebook. 

This week I've read The Sketchnote Handbook.
This week I've spent time with friends.
This week I've prepared for the NVWP Invitational Summer Institute
This week I've advertised for my evening writing retreats. 
This week I've found poems for my writing notebook. 
This week I've cleaned and rested.

I celebrate all I've accomplished. 
I celebrate the reading.
I celebrate the writing.
I celebrate the friendships.
I celebrate the retreats.
I celebrate the poetry.
I celebrate the rest. 

What have you been doing?


Thank you to Ruth Ayres for providing this space to share our celebrations. Please join us and share your own!

10 comments:

  1. I agree Michelle:) summer is about the glorious gift of time. I am so thankful for the renewal it brings and know that it is a precious thing that not everyone gets to experience. I am enjoying many of the same things you are celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer is the best renewal for the upcoming year and loved reading all you've accomplished this week. I am a teacher and trying to get back into writing practice after leaving blogging years ago. I think you an Ruth have me determined to get myself a notebook! Thanks for your post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good week! It is wonderful to have the time, I agree. Went to lunch with one group of friends, met some others for coffee, reading for my summer book club at church, and preparing for a one hour workshop I am presenting as part of our district ESL summer PD. I love the easy- going flow of time in summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The format of your celebration is fun...I like the chance to try new ways to share my celebration...maybe I'll try yours next week (mentor text hurrah!). Thanks for sharing your celebrations. They all sound just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed the way you shared, Michelle. My "time" appears to be filling up more than I ever imagined, but I like the days and the way they go. Sounds as if you are having a good time filling it up, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, the gift of time! Such a luxury of summer. So glad you are taking advantage of it. Great celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow..you have been up to a lot, Michelle...I celebrate you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Summer is the time we have lot of freedom to our choices to what we wish. Yoo have used your time with intention.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Summertime to celebrate-I like this Michelle. I hope your writing retreats will take off and become a source of joy for you. Will you be at ILA 16 in Boston?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been resting between trips and gearing up for a big one to travel your way and meet my new grandson! Time to think, renew, prepare,and plan. I love your cycle!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts. I love comments!