1. She's my mom!
2. Her laugh is the best!
3. Gives great advice!
4. She loves me!
5. She loves my sister!
6. Being Grammy is the best!
7. She's a great big sister!
8. Mom's a teacher who loves her students!
9. She is the best read-alouder!
10. She's cute!
11. She loves to wear cute shoes!
12. Mom cares about everyone!
13. She's always encouraged me to follow my heart!
14. Mom is a reader.
15. We recommend books to each other.
16. Mom bought me my first notebook.
17. She encourages my writing.
18. Mom tries to be tech savvy.
19. "Air internet." Her description of internet
20. "Hand pictures." These are not pictures of hands, these are pictures you can hold in your hands.
21. "The cloud." She doesn't even want to know.
22. She visits me in Virginia.
23. We share a love of being in the ocean.
24. Mom goes to the gym everyday! GO Mom!
25. She's passionate about her grandchildren.
26. She tolerates Bella, even though she's not a dog person.
27. We talk every single morning.
28. Early mornings are mom's favorite time of day.
29. Mom is resilient!
30. Mom is strong!
31. She gets in there and gets the job done.
32. Broadway shows are another love we share.
33. Mom loves with her WHOLE heart!
34. Family is most important to mom.
35. Seltzer water is her favorite drink.
36. Oh my goodness, I'm only halfway to seventy?!?! WOW!
37. Mom likes time to be quiet.
38. Movies are a favorite past time.
39. Mom is a wonderful cook...I love her macaroni & meatballs (almost as much as Grammy's).
40. She's smart.
41. Mom is independent.
42. Mom is friendly.
43. Mom is kind.
44. Although she doesn't admit this, she is a wonderful writer!
45. Mom is home.
46. Mom is love.
47. Mom is innocence.
48. Mom is child-like.
49. Mom loves the beach.
50. Mom loves Italy.
51. Mom does not like manicures & pedicures.
52. Mom is faithful.
53. Mom is practical.
54. Mom is an expert at celebrating!
55. Mom celebrates her birthday month.
56. I wrote about mom here.
57. And here...
58. Also here...
59. I love how excited mom gets about little things!
60. She's fiercely protective of those she loves.
61. Her quiet strength inspires me.
62. Time spent with mom is always precious to me.
63. She taught me to love books.
64. She read to me.
65. She read with me.
66. She's the best teacher I know!
67. Mom loves hard!
68. Mom shows up!
69. Mom is my hero!
70. I LOVE YOU, MOM!!!
I did it! I love you so much Mom!! Happy 70th Birthday!!! We are so blessed to have you in our lives!! Love! Love! Love!
Thank you to Ruth Ayres for providing this space to share our celebrations. Please join us and share your own!