I'm celebrating kindness today. This week a friend called me a "kindness warrior". I love that and I am claiming that title by recognizing and celebrating moments of kindness.
I have so many moments spent with students this week that are filled with kindness!
* Students collaborating and creating class mission statements
* One class spontaneous bursts out singing when they hear anything close to a song lyric.
* Students helping each other out and offering encouraging words
* Laughing with students
* Sharing new book titles with each other and listening to their work as writers.
* One of my favorite moments: I was pointing out that the work we were doing with our class mission statements was revision. And revision is messy and hard, sometimes loud and fun, but always worth it. A student raised her hand and asked, "So, is teaching like revising?!?!" YES! Yes it is!
Other moments of kindness from this week...
* A co-worker listening to me through my tears and helping me see my way through
* Text from mom checking up on me
* Lunch with a friend
* Encouraging words
* Cuddles from Bella
* A night out with friends
* Notebook writing
It's the little things that need to be celebrated and noticed. It's the laughter we have to harness and the joy we have to see. It's out there. As a kindness warrior, I will search it out. Will you join me as a fellow kindness warrior? We need all of the warriors we can get!
Thank you to Ruth Ayres for providing this space to share our celebrations. Please join us and share your own!