Sunday, March 19, 2017

A Day with a Friend (and lots of Chocolate)!


Yesterday I got to spend the day with my friend Stacey, and her two amazing children. I'd met her daughter before and this time I got to meet her brand new baby boy. They live close to Hershey, PA so we spent the day there.

Stacey blogged about our day together here. We had lots of fun catching up and spending time with the kids. Seeing Hershey and Chocolate World through the eyes of a six-year-old is magical!

I marvel at the friendships that have started because of an online connection. Twitter and blogging have introduced me to amazing people. Sometimes those connections turn to deeper friendships. Stacey and I met online through blogging. The first time we got to meet IRL (that's in real life) was at NCTE a few years ago. Since then we have attended a writing retreat together and gotten together a couple of times on our own. Here's an opportunity that would have been missed had our online community not existed or if I hadn't participated in it. Seth Godin writes about tribes and the importance of tribes. I'm grateful for tribes. I'm grateful for my tribe. Spending a day with a friend from one of those tribes...it's the best!




Thank you to the Two Writing Teachers for this amazing platform to write and share writing! What a wonderful community you've created! I'm honored to be part of it. Join us at Two Writing Teachers.

18 comments:

  1. Hooray for Chocolate World (so fun) and making connections, both virtual and IRL. What a fun day (even if the ride stopped!) for you and Stacey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Stacey's post earlier and love your different slant on the same day. Yes, this community is powerful and quite the TRIBE. Someday, I hope to meet both of you IRL...but until then, I am grateful for virtual life friends...my tribe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a wonderful day--and yes, what a wonderful writing community!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anything with chocolate has to be good, right? It sounds like you had a wonderful time. Yay for friends! ~JudyK

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked reading this story from both points of view! Were also relieved to get chocolate at the end of the ride?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Hershey! I haven't been there in years. It is funny how we can develop online friendships. That is why I love this space so much.
    ritadicarne.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Hershey! I haven't been there in years. It is funny how we can develop online friendships. That is why I love this space so much.
    ritadicarne.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed both stories about your day - Stacey's more of the bit by bit adventure and your's more a memoir about meeting friends via this online writing community. It makes me realize that we should schedule another Panera outing soon. I need an excuse to come to the Leesburg outlets!! So glad you are part of this tribe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful little holiday you had with Stacey and you got to meet her daughter. That's great, Michelle. It is so wonderful having great experiences with those we write with on a weekly basis.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read Stacey's post this morning so of course I had to read yours, too. Sounds like you were able to help out during the crisis with the ride. Wonderful that you got to share the day together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know the true benefits of establishing friendships online and then meeting face-to-face! A great picture of you both and what a fun place to meet! Tribes are so important and I am so glad you are a part of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't been to Hershey in years and your post reminded me of that trip so many years ago. This sounds like such a wonderful experience and being able to see Hershey through Isabelle's eyes had to be delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Was in Hershey today for a meeting. Your pics tell of a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is moments like these that make wonderful memories! How nice you got to spend it at the sweetest place on earth. Tribes, yep, they are important and you can tell by the smile on each of your faces.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I saw Stacey's post, too, Michelle, and your time together looked like a lot of fun, and some adventure, too! Also, congrats on your notebook being highlighted yesterday. I was sitting here alone, and wanted to tell someone, "look, I know that person"! That's the community you've described! Love the pics, too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Reading both yours and Stacey's slices about your day was really fun. I love the IRL meetings with my "virtual" friends, too. Looking forward to another All Write in June!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Tribes and chocolate - not sure it gets any better!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts. I love comments!