Wednesday, March 15, 2017

The Seven Writers I'd Love to Meet


During my snow day yesterday, I finished a book, "The Inexplicable Logic of My Life" written by Benjamin Alire Sáenz. This is the third book of his that I've read...devoured actually. He writes beautifully. I adore the stories he tells and I try so hard to savor the book, but I can't. Instead, I devour it and return to his stories again and again. I tweeted my review for the book and tagged him in it. He retweeted it...

I can't believe he read my tweet and retweeted it! He is someone I admire for so many reasons. I started thinking about getting a chance to meet him. He's one of those people I'd love to sit down and have dinner and a conversation.

Who else would I include on that dream list?
Benjamin Alire Sáenz
Anne Lamott
Adriana Trigiani
Pat Conroy
Elizabeth Gilbert
Dani Shapiro
SARK
These people create and craft with words. I'd love to be able to sit have dinner...actually, I think I'd like to sit and listen to a conversation they'd have about writing. I've been honored to meet three of them already (Shapiro, Trigiani, and SARK) and I'm going to see Anne Lamott speak next month. Maybe dreams will come true and someday I'll get to meet this talented author. Until then, the words he writes will have to be enough...and the occasional tweet.


Thank you to the Two Writing Teachers for this amazing platform to write and share writing! What a wonderful community you've created! I'm honored to be part of it. Join us at Two Writing Teachers.

9 comments:

  1. Anne Lamott and Elizabeth Gilbert....YES! (I just listened to a podcast that featured Anne and Glennon Doyle Melton that was awesome. I think it was the Beautiful Writers podcast. Check it out!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a great list and a great idea for a post.....perhaps tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! How special is that when an author, an author you admire, acknowledges your tweet. Thank you for introducing me to several authors that I am not familiar with. I'm off to check them out now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've added this book to a must read list! Thanks for sharing your list - some I have read and others will definitely check out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll add this book, Michelle, new to me.. What a lovely tribute to these authors. I was so sad when Pat Conroy died last year. He is a favorite author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope your dream comes true.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post. I've met many YA authors at NCTE and heard others whom I'd love to meet. I might have to write my own post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A meet-the-author bucket list! I got to go to #nErDcampMI last year in July and SO, SO many authors were there. An incredible experience!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The retweet is VERY cool! Like others, I am now contemplating authors and creative minds I would love to have a dinner party with. (Would a dinner party full of writers/creative types be too much?!)

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts. I love comments!