Sunday, March 12, 2017

Favorites Party

I first saw this idea on A Day in the Life written by my blogging friend, Leigh Anne. Today I am accepting her invitation to the party.


The idea is there's a party and each of us brings our five favorite things to share with the group. What would you bring? Maybe you'll use this later in the month when you need a slice. Here are the five things I'd bring to the party...

1. Twinkle lights. These will set the mood and create a joyful time.

2. Poetry to share and inspire us. Words make me feel so many things and sharing words and poems bring people together. 

3. My notebook will be there of course and there will be notebooks for you to doodle, write, create, draw, and live inside the pages. 

4. We will need colorful pens and lots of them. Color adds more to the page and gives the writer an opportunity to experiment and play.

5. Cupcakes will be there. I'll bake. Baking is a way to show love and cupcakes always make people smile.

Hope you can make it to the favorites party! What will you bring? 


Thank you to the Two Writing Teachers for this amazing platform to write and share writing! What a wonderful community you've created! I'm honored to be part of it. Join us at Two Writing Teachers.

13 comments:

  1. Thanks for baking! Cupcakes do bring smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still remember the thrill of seeing your notebook in person! It truly is a work of art. Your items would definitely make a party fun. I will keep this in mind this month as an idea. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As soon as I saw the title I knew you would bring your notebook! I'd love to taste your cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Twinkle lights and cupcakes...YES! Thank you so much for being a guest at my party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leigh Anne, again I thank you for hosting a party in March! It's such a fun idea. ~Amy

      Delete
  5. That sounds like a party I'd enjoy! I'd bring a few favorite or new-favorite books to share under your twinkle lights.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait! I love what you're bringing. My favorite is the cupcakes! Hope there will be some chocolate ones too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great idea for organizing thoughts. And, OF COURSE you would bring your notebook!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Of course you will have amazing pens! Finding partiers all over the TWT site!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It would be great to be at this party with you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Michelle, if this were a REAL gathering we would be high on poetry, baked goods, and poetry. I accepted Leigh Anne's invitation at my Day 15 post. There is truth in your statement: Color adds more to the page and gives the writer an opportunity to experiment and play.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to come to a REAL gathering - this is a near perfect list for me too!
    LOVE IT!
    https://tammysreadinglife.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts. I love comments!