Thursday, March 9, 2017

Tribes



The idea of tribes has been bouncing around in my head lately. I've written about it before (here and here), but I feel like my idea of a tribe has broadened. Reading this slice titled, Villages, made me think and challenged my idea of a village or a tribe. I guess, before, I always thought of a tribe as one group of people, but this blogger defined all of the villages, or tribes, in her life. That fits. What tribes support me? This tribe of bloggers. A tribe of teachers. There's a tribe of church friends...and more. I need to remember to open my eyes and see those people in my life.
My niece and nephew are part of my tribe.
Sometimes being single and childless means I feel alone more often than others. It's can be a struggle, but when I think about my life in terms of tribes, I feel the aloneness slip away. I'm grateful for the people in my tribeS. They are near and far. They provide love and support. They make sure that I'm not alone, not really.

Here's a thought from someone in my DREAM tribe, Anne Lamott...

“One secret of life is that the reason life works at all is that not everyone in your tribe is nuts on the same day. Another secret is that laughter is carbonated holiness”

― Anne Lamott, Plan B: Further Thoughts on Faith




Thank you to the Two Writing Teachers for this amazing platform to write and share writing! What a wonderful community you've created! I'm honored to be part of it. Join us at Two Writing Teachers.

6 comments:

  1. I love it when I read a slice that makes me think. Thanks. This will be rolling around my head all day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Michelle as we have our work tribe, slicer tribe, voxer tribe(s), and YES even family tribes! It's great to have so many wide and varied support systems!

    franmcveigh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to consider you part of my inspirational writer tribe! Tribes keep me going on those lonely days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once again a caring and thoughtful slice from you. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's definitely a good quality in a tribe to have everyone crazy on different days!

    And yeah, it's amazing if you think about it, how many different tribes are in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love thinking about the different tribes that make up my life. Thanks for this slice. And for the Anne Lamott quote!


    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts. I love comments!