Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Happy Birthday Month!


My mom turns 71 on August 13th. No one loves her birthday more than my mother! She celebrates the whole month.

Who am I kidding? Mom knows how to celebrate every day. Just this morning, I called her and she's having fun playing with her grandchildren who had a sleepover last night. Mom has a child-like spirit. Maybe that came from her years as a first-grade teacher. I loved visiting her classroom and seeing her read aloud to her students or work with them on their writing. 
Reading with her grandchildren.
Happy Birthday Month, Mom! 

Thank you to the Two Writing Teachers for this amazing platform to write and share writing! What a wonderful community you've created! I'm honored to be part of it. Join us at Two Writing Teachers.

6 comments:

  1. I love the idea of celebrating all month. Love her spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your mom's zest for life... it comes through in your words and images!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mom and I share a birthday month. I hope we can meet someday. She seems to have your same joy for living.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to your Mom, Michelle. She looks like such a joyous person - a person who NEEDS a whole month of celebrations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pics of your mom and the grands. And a birthday month sounds delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, such sweet birthday wishes. She sounds like a the kind of person people should set out to be!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts. I love comments!