Pages

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

#TeachWrite: Invitation to a New Twitter Chat

I am a writer.
It took me so long to be able to make that declaration without feeling like a phony. Once I did, it changed me and it changed my teaching! I've been having this discussion with teachers for years and we decided that this is a discussion that we wanted to share with a wider audience. I'm excited to share this invitation with you. Please join us! Please share!
Join us the first Monday of every month for #TeachWrite, a new Twitter chat dedicated to growing teachers as writers and teachers of writers.
Do you….
Believe that teaching writing is easier when teachers are writers themselves?
Believe that our own writing lives deserve to be nurtured?
Believe that all writers grow through dedicated writing time?
Believe that all writers need support and encouragement?
Believe that writing is a messy process and the best way to learn this is through our own practice?
Believe that when teachers write, they make writing a priority in their classrooms?
Our chat will support teachers not only in their quest to become better teachers of writers, but to become better writers ourselves.
In addition, each chat will end with an invitation to write!
Please join us!
Our first chat is Monday, August 7th at 7:30 PM EST on the topic of  “Writing for the JOY of It!”
Want a reminder for the new #TeachWrite Twitter chat? Sign up here at Remind

No comments:

Post a Comment

New School Retreat

This school year brings changes for me as I'm transferring to a new school. It's a brand new school. It's still being buil...