Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Why I Teach!

This is why I teach. 
In my last post, I wrote about a new mission statement that my principal wrote for our school. This comment on my post gave me a great idea...
I decided to try this out with my students and we began our journey to create a class mission statement. Yesterday, we read and analyzed some mission statements. When we felt like we understood what a mission statement is, we started brainstorming words and ideas to include in a class mission statement. Today, we visited youtube and listened to Montague's Workshop and Kid President for some inspiration. 
We continued to plan and we started to draft. Students were working hard and the room was abuzz with excitement. We aren't finished, but I couldn't wait to share these amazing mission statement drafts. Why do I teach? THIS is why I teach...
Somehow we will revise and revise and revise to create one unified mission statement. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment

New School Retreat

This school year brings changes for me as I'm transferring to a new school. It's a brand new school. It's still being buil...